Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Introduction


http://onelitre.xanga.com/?nextdate=3%2f25%2f2006+5%3a32%3a35.077&direction=n

Kitou Aya is a young highschooler who finds out that she has Spinocerebellar Atrophy. This disease causes the person to lose control over his or her body. Because the person retains all of her mental ability, this disease is like a prison. Through her struggles, Aya finds words to inspire herself to become strong and cope with the disease and has subsequently inspired millions of readers to overcome their own strife. This is her story.

Disclaimer: We do not own "One Litre of Tears." We just want to be able to read her diary and allow others to do the same. All credits of translating go to Kiwi while I simply scan the pages of her diary. Hope everyone who reads this enjoys it as much as we hope to!

- Pye

4 comments:

  1. Because of Ate Aya's diaries, I've became more stronger in fighting the disease which I have., it inspired me a lot that I've became more hopeful that I
    could still be healed., that my sufferings could turn to
    a success., thanks a lot Ate Aya for being an inspiration for all of us who suffers and in sorrow., mine might be fatal too but it doesn't matter., I too want to be like u who always ready to face every challenges in life and who always accepts everything., I know that u are happy now with God., how I wish I could be there too at the end of my age., :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know that God has promise us hope? it is in the Bible in Revelation 21:3,4 you can open up your own bible and look up on the text.

      Delete
    2. Me too im suffering from a mental illness too but Aya makes me strong everytime i read her quotes.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing, I've used some of your site to compose a definitive version of Aya's diaries here - http://www.wordstomyself.com/writing/tears/

    ReplyDelete