Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chapter 2.11 - 15 years old- The sickness creeping up

Hospitalization

My first check up after starting high school. It still takes 2 hours by taking the freeway, so we left early in the morning.
I think I'll write down some things I want to tell the doctor.
1. It's getting harder for me to walk. I fall without holding on to something. It's hard to lift up my feet.
2. I start choking when I eat or drink in a hurry.
3. I laugh to myseld alot (It's like a grin. I realized after my brother asking me what's so funny about that).
4. What's the illness that I have?

After having to wait a long time like usual, I had a check-up with one old doctor and three young doctors. I guess to check on my athletic ability, I had to straighten and bend my legs, hit my knees, and walk like the usual.
My mom briefly talked about what I wrote down earlier to the doctor and also told her that I'm attending a normal high school with the help of my close friends.
After the check-up the doctor said, "Let's get you hospitalized during your summer break, for the treatment and also so we can take tests. Please go through the hospitalization procedure before leaving today."
Eeeek I'm gonna be hospitalized? Oh man. If I can get rid of this then I'll just have to pull through! I easily accepted it like that but, I really wonder what's going to happen to my body.
Something is on the verge of breaking down. It's going to get worse unless we fix it as soon as possible. I'm scared. I was told that I have to wait until I get hospitalized to get the answer to the fourth question.
On the way home, I asked my mom.
"Is Nagodai (Nagoya Daigaku Fuzoku Byouin) a good hospital? Will they cure me? This is my first summer break being in high school and I wanna do so many things, so I want the hospitalization to be short."
"Aya, make sure to write down things that you notice about your body. It doesn't matter how small it is. It'll help with your treatment. That way your hospitalization might be short. If you think of this hospitalization as a short period in life, you can remember it as a good experience. Anyways, I'll only be able to check on you on Sundays so you have to do laundry on your own, without overdoing yourself. I'll buy you lots of underwear, but when you go home start writing down things you'll need and start getting ready."
On the way, we got out of Okazaki Interchange and we stopped by my aunt's (my mom's younger sister) house. I started crying while listening to my mom explain to her about my situation.
"I want to heal her no matter what it takes. If Meidai Byouin can't do it, then I'll go to Tokyo or America or search everywhere to find someone to cure her."
Then my aunt replied, "Aya-chan let's get better soon ok? Nowadays most illnesses are cureable and plus you're still so young. But, you have to keep your faith and tell yourself "I'm going to get better." If you just sit there and cry then even the strongest medicine won't do any good. I'll occaisonalliy come visit you. If you need anything just call me. I'll rush over there, so don't worry and just hang in there." She got out a tissue saying, "Come on, blow your nose and drink this juice. The juice is gonna taste salty if the tears get in," and made me laugh.
I know it's still 2 months away but please time, stop! Aya's illness please stop as well!



Here is the long entry I promised to update today (^^)v This is the end of Chapter 2!! On a side note~ the word "Byouin" comes up maybe like twice in this entry, but it means hospital. hehe well hope you guys enjoy reading this (>v<)//

-Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment