Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chapter 3.16 - 16 years old- The beginning of agony

Direct Appeal

Dr. Hiroko Yamamoto’s Profile.

She is small with short hair, and glasses. She is always wearing a white robe, but she wears earrings and rings that are not too fancy, which makes her look fashionable but not too gaudy.

She has been my doctor since I stayed at Nagoya University Hospital. When she transferred to Fujita (Nagoya) Hoken Eisei University, she contacted me so I changed hospitals with her.

She is quick-minded, prompt, and quick with anything she does. She is reliable and sometimes she would drive me to different universities for physical examinations. She is an amazing person.

When I asked her, “What high school did you graduate from?”

She simply answered, “Meiwa.”

Even I knew that Meiwa is a school for the elite. She told me that after Meiwa, she entered Nagoya University. I love her because she never boasts and is always so warm. When I’m with her, I cannot be my lazy self.

For a year and a half, I have continued to go to the hospital and at times was hospitalized, but I knew that my illness was getting worse.



Maybe because the cells in my cerebellum were being destroyed, but my body movements have become awkward and I have trouble moving my legs, since my knees would not bend.

I can’t even talk loud anymore, and can only say one word at a time. I can’t even laugh Wahahaha and when I try to, it comes out as Wawawa.

I still tend to swallow accidentally without chewing and I am losing my strength to move my tongue.

Next time when I go to the hospital, I’m going to ask the doctor, “Without hiding the truth, please tell me what's going to happen to me.”

It’s scary to ask, but I need to think about my future. Depending on her answer, I might need to re-think about how I'm going to live my life.

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I'm late with my update again (^^;) As you can see from this entry, Aya's illness is getting worse, but she is trying to accept it. I really admire how she is able to think about her future and how she wants to live her life to the fullest(o^^o)

-Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment