Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chapter 3.5 - 16 years old- The beginning of agony

About my future


My mom and I talked about my future.
According to my mom, "Unlike people who cannot see or are handicapped, the things you were able to do before doesn't leave your mind. You think hard about why you can't do it anymore, and your emotions come out. So it always starts with the struggle with your mind. Even if others may view it merely as a machine-like radio exercise, its actually a struggle with your mind, it's a training. Aya, I think that as long as you live every day to its fullest, you'll have a future. Aya, you cry alot, and when I see you cry, I feel so sorry. But looking at reality, you have to understand where you are right now and make your life full, or else you'll never live with your feet on the ground. Mom and your siblings will help you with things you absolutely cannot do. But when we talk about our opinions, or argue we're straight forward aren't we? That's because we think of you as a real live normal person and a sister. So take it as words full of love that will help you grow stronger mentally. This is a training as well, so that you will be able to go on when someone tells you something that stabs you in the heart. You learn love, and love what you know...basically you're surrounded by love and knowledge as the name of the place where you were born, Aichi-ken."
As I listened and took in the fact of my illness, I thought I should start thinking about my future.
"I want to be a librarian. To do that, I wanna go to college. Then I can get a degree as a social worker..."
"It'll be hard to go out. You should think about something you can do at home. For example, translating."
"I wanna write a novel , but my life in society is pretty poor so I guess that won't work."
"You can decide that later, but for now do what you can do right now, and put the effort! yes the effort."
"Okay, I guess the only thing I can rely on is my scholastic ability."



Sorry I know it's been a while since my last update...hehe Well school i almost over for me so hopefully updates will come faster then (^^)v So this entry might have been a lil confusing...the use of words were kinda hard to translate but yah feel free to ask me anytime (>v<)// A little sidenote... The place where Aya was born, Aichi-ken is made up of two kanji characters, ai(love) and shiru(to know). so that's what her mom was referrring to.

-Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment